INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING FOR A GRADE 8 OR GRADE 9 ENTRY LEVEL REFEREE CLASS
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY A REFEREE (OR HAVE NOT RECERTIFIED IN 2009 AND 2010) AND WANT TO BECOME A REFEREE, HERE’S HOW TO REGISTER FOR A NEW ENTRY LEVEL REFEREE CLASS:
1. Click on the CONTINUE button at the bottom of this page.
2. Most will select Option 1 on the first page of the registration process.
3. Complete ALL your personal information and complete the KIDS SAFE form.
4. Select and register for a new entry level referee class – Grade 8 or Grade 9 (the differences between them and a full description can be found under the Becoming A Referee page).
5. The fee you pay on-line with a credit/debit card includes the fee to take the course and the fee to register as a referee with the United States Soccer Federation.
6. Current Grade 9 Referees MUST complete the entire Grade 8 course if they want to upgrade to a Grade 8.
New Jersey State Referee Committee Registration Policies
* You must register to attend a class. No WALK-INs are permitted. * If you do not attend your class, need to cancel or fail to complete the course ONLY the United States Soccer Federation fee will be refunded – less course/clinic/recert fee and a $5 service charge. Fees can not be applied to another course. * Once registered you may not switch classes and you must complete the course at one site. * All registrations will be done on-line with payment made by a credit/debit card. * Registration is only complete and official when payment is made and you receive an e-mail confirmation.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not pay for the clinic/course at the time you register your name will be removed from the roster. You will need to register again.
You will receive e-mail confirmation which will have your REFEREE CLASS/CLINIC listed and the fact that you have paid.